bed prop bath plot pool tick select sleeps heart star
You are here: GHL IBIZA Real Estate Agent >

Solar Energy For Your Ibiza Property

Solar Energy 3

Solar Energy For Your Ibiza Property

100% renewable energy in Ibiza and Formentera is achievable as it’s estimated that we can enjoy around 3,000 hours of sunshine a year. This gives Ibiza the ideal conditions to produce solar energy and more economically than what is produced by the current power plants.

However, the reality couldn’t be further from this idyllic picture as unfortunately less than 1% of the island’s energy comes from renewable sources. The remaining 99% comes from burning imported oil and gas. This is unsustainable, inefficient and environmentally damaging. By taking advance of the sun, and with the right mix of applications and technologies, you can achieve a clean, sustainable and independent energy future.

Considering installing solar energy in your Ibiza property? Here’s what you can do:

1 – Change to a renewable energy supplier

Switch to a green energy supplier like SOM Energia that generates renewable energy to offset the electricity you consume. This is an ideal option if you’re renting or your roof isn’t suitable for solar. No technical change is needed – simply swap your supplier online in 10 minutes.

Solar Energy 2

2 – Install solar panels and stay connected to the grid

Use the sun on your roof to power your home with photovoltaic panels. This will help you reduce your electricity bills because you only use energy from the grid when you need it, for example at night.

3 – Go off-grid and become energy independent

This option will enable you to go completely independent by installing enough renewable energy and storage capacity to meet your needs and disconnect once and for all from your electricity supplier. Going off-grid can pay for itself in less than 10 years and protects you from supply issues and price rises. It is also a great option for remote and rural houses as there’s no grid connection fee.

4 – Apply for government grants

Grants and subsidies are available from the Balearic Islands Government for home and business solar installations. Cambio Energetico has useful information on these and application due dates.

If you are not sure about what’s the best option for you, you can get in contact with local renewable energy experts, Amics de la Terra Eivissa is a no profit organisation which works to promote renewable energy in Ibiza and Formentera, or you can contact local solar energy installation companies.

Other interesting articles

Big Events Not To Miss This 2020 in Ibiza

Ibiza is know all around the world for being the party capital of Europe, but the fun doesn’t all just…

Should you buy a new home or an existing property in Ibiza?

When it comes to buying a property in Ibiza, you might find yourself wondering if you should buy a new…

Christmas and Holiday Season in Ibiza: What You Need to Know

Christmas in Ibiza is something special, the island truly comes alive during the festive period. The celebrations are not a…

Change of Scenario in the Spanish Property Market

The Spanish property market shows the first signs of a slowdown. This year in Barcelona, for the first time since…


Both our offices are located right in the heart of the island, in Santa Eulalia and San Juan. Our prime locations provide easy access to all our customers. We are always happy about your visit and we would like to introduce you to our portfolio.


GOULD HEINZ & LANG – Paseo s’Alamera 11
07840 Santa Eulalia, Ibiza, Spain
+34 971 339 305



GOULD HEINZ & LANG – Plaza Major
Sant Juan, Ibiza, Spain

Newsletter Offers,
legal advice & lifestyle
Newsletter iPad